Instream Barriers and Structures
Streamline Research produced the first inventory of fishways and potential barriers to fish movement and migration in Victoria See report…
- assess movement upstream and downstream of instream barriers
- evaluate streamflows and seasonality of drown out
- recommend appropriate fishway construction and monitoring
- identify redundant structures that could be removed
- environmental streamflows See example…
Fish passage in the Maribrynong River
Determined the long term effects of low streamflows in the Maribrynong River. Consideration was given to minor works to improve efficiency of constructed fishways and potential removal of redundant structures.
Instream barriers in the Upper Yarra River catchment
Identification of priority structures requiring functional design drawing for fish passage. Justification for improving connectivity of fish populations at each respective barrier.
Loddon and Campaspe River fishway installation
Field survey prior to the construction of fishways at the Kerang Weir and the Campaspe River Rotary Park Weir. Water quality and seasonal streamflow issues were assessed to assist with successful operation of the fishways.